It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
Please visit our Cavill-Turner Funeral Home location to see the listing of services
In the late 1800’s it was not uncommon to find a funeral business and a furniture store operating from the same location. Our roots begin with W.W. White who conducted his business of furniture store and “undertaking” service at 83 Manitoba St., Bracebridge. Mr. White eventually sold to Mr. George C. Marshall in July 1927. In 1937 Mr. Marshall sold the furniture business but continued to operate the funeral home. The building was remodelled to include a chapel and office area. Mr. Walter Reynolds began working for Mr. Marshall in 1930 and purchased the business on February 1st, 1946.
It was Mr. Reynolds who built Reynolds Funeral Home on its present site at 1 Mary St, Bracebridge in 1961. A Prayer of Dedication dated March 9th, 1961 by the Reverend John George McCausland S.S.J.E., hangs just inside our front door. Renovations were carried out on the building in 1972, 1984 and again in 2001. Mr. Murray Dauphin came to work for Mr. Reynolds on April 18th, 1956 eventually purchasing the business on December 1st, 1967. Mr. Dauphin hired Mr. Bruce Turner in December 1968. On December 1st, 1994 Bruce and his wife Cathie purchased Reynolds Funeral Home from the Dauphins.
In the year 2001 the name “Turner Chapel” was added to the well respected name of Reynolds Funeral Home.
We are proud to be the current link in the continuing tradition of trusted funeral service to the families of Bracebridge and throughout Muskoka.
Everyone at Reynolds Funeral Home “Turner Chapel” looks forward to continuing to serve our community with the dignity and respect due to all who place their trust in us.